Dressing my Campaign Dresser

If you've seen a design blog in the last couple of months, you've more than likely noticed a link to the beautiful campaign dresser in Lonny.  It's gorgeous and awe inspiring.  Check check check it out.

Let's take a moment to appreciate it.
.
..
..
...
..
..
.
Ok.  Well, Jenny of Little Green Notebook did a fantastic redo of a piece she found for super cheap that was in great condition.  I found one on Craigslist and, while it's not in great shape at the moment, I have grand aspirations for it.  The main questions I've been trying to answer have been:

1.) what color do I do?  It's breathtaking in white and green, but I don't think green + my black dining set would jive (we're going to use it for our bar/kitchen accessories) and white might be too neutral for me.  
2.) where do I find the hardware for the one missing drawer pull that is on the piece?  (Yes, I still bought the dresser with its missing drawer pull.  I hadn't found a piece like it in my 4 months of constantly searching CL and I just couldn't say no.  I did get the price down from $100 to $80, though).

I think today I figured out both questions:

For colors, I am thinking a raspberry.  With the nickel hardware I think it will be glorious.  What do you think of these options?
From Sherwin Williams:



SW6580 Cerise


















SW6861 Radish















SW6862 Cherries Jubilee













I'm quite fond of Radish. 


Now that I've had some more time to think, I've also decided that teal might be perfect as well.  Here are the options that I've found:
From Benjamin Moore:








Calypso Blue 727


















Largo Teal 742

















Captivating Teal 649










Advice?






For the hardware,  I found this site: Paxton Hardware.  
And, while expensive at $22.52 a piece, I can complete the look of the pulls with just one of these:



It's going to be hard to focus on putting things away in the house while I have dreams of this completed dresser dancing in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment